MW2
50%
Bad Company 2
50%

Total votes: 12
eXg. sabooya
Doom 3

Post by eXg. sabooya »

im currently begging all my friends and family to get me a copy, because i dont have the cash to spend on it haha!
supercat1
Forum Elite

Post by supercat1 »

eXg. ShooteR wrote:
supercat1 wrote:you should get bad company 2. bad company is over a year old now and only on console.
someone hasn't changed a bit.
well, in this case they are two different games, not incorrect names. i just wanted to point out that he should actually want bad company 2 (as he actually does) instead of the first one. not that the first one is bad, but because of the reasons i pointed out.

better to be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and erase all doubt.
eXg. sabooya
Doom 3

Post by eXg. sabooya »

My cat actually has a tie LOL im a funny guy. Meet Umlaut!

eXg. Pun1sher
Number One

Post by eXg. Pun1sher »

Rather than try to outdo (hehe) SC on his uber stash of lolcats, I decided instead to try and find a good, solid, accurate representational image of how, sometimes I feel, after playing MW2 in a non-dedicated server full of level hackers, loudmouths, etc. I have now found that image.

eXg. Pun1sher
Number One

Post by eXg. Pun1sher »

m1nd
Quake 4 EU

Post by m1nd »

eXg. Pun1sher wrote:Wow, glad to see so much feedback here, and def. to SuperC for dropping in.

I am curious as to how you guys feel about this as I have been playing MW2 for awhile now. Last night, I was on with Sancho, Bella from CD, and Ground Zero and a few others, and it seemed to be a VERY bad IW.net night. Had quite a few stalls, games bomb, infinite "waiting for host", etc, and it was a little frustrating. I think I can safely say, that I AM feeling the pains of no dedicated servers, whether it's n00bs toob spamming the whole game, or constantly talking IN game, or people are clearly rank hacks, and there's nothing you can do about it. Not sure how this is going to translate into competetion or not, regardless of how much people WANT it to happen.

I wish Ruiner would chime in, as he was our resident BF2 series expert.

Regardless, I'd like to give big props out to Jago who generously donated a copy of MW2 to me. :) I am feeling however, a strong urge to get the BF2 game and see for myself.

Ah so my feedback was of no use @ all lol :P I WANT MAH PROPS TO @#$@#$@#$

Anyways you shuoldnt just get this came because it supports dedicated servers. You must think about what SuperC said. The gameplay is indeed a lot different then your avg fps shooter. The feel, the look, the view. Everything is different but that what makes this multiplayer allout defining warfare so "IT"". It feels right. And by IT i mean the whole package, the weapons the enviroments, the vehicle warfare, airwarfare the jetskis and quads. You can really destroy almost anything ingame. "Almost". For what i was most surprised of were the buffs you get on your tanks.(@ superC i dont think the lvlcap in between isnt such a strange thing, it works fine imo, it's not like OH i got a higher lvl , so i got better buffs, so I pwn you easily. They managed to lvl it out quite nicely imo. No OP s**t.)

However the singleplayer, you should see that as an additive to the game. Multiplayer is where it @ and for the people seeking for a story inside these multiplayer missions, the singleplayer is there. Though the game feels differerent in singleplayer then in multiplayer, i dont tihnk you will have a lot of problems adjusting to it in multiplayer or vice versa.

As for me,

MW2 SP > BC2 SP
BC2 MP >>>>>>>>>>>!!!!!!!>!>!!>!>!>!> MW2 by far

Dont forget if you want to play this game in somewhat glory get a 5850 or 5870. I hate using my 9800GT and dont play full glorious mode. While the 5850 is a good card for a good price and plays BC2 @ good rate of fps. Its bang for your buck.Or wait a little longer ² like jago said ² prices will drop in may for the 5850 and 5870.

Twitch.TV MYTHICAL TEAM
LIVESTREAMS EVERYDAY!

Twitch.TV M1NDIFY
My own personal stream!. Be sure to follow/subscribe
eXg. Pun1sher
Number One

Post by eXg. Pun1sher »

m1nd
Quake 4 EU

Post by m1nd »

eXg. Pun1sher wrote:[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/v/Gmcg6F4BeUE[/youtube]
YES PUN THATS IT! THATS THE FEELING!:P the magic..... seriously i put beethoven on whenever i play this game :PXD

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/v/YAOTCtW9v0M[/youtube]

Twitch.TV MYTHICAL TEAM
LIVESTREAMS EVERYDAY!

Twitch.TV M1NDIFY
eXg. sabooya
Doom 3

Post by eXg. sabooya »

soooo i just bought BC2 this morning MUAHAHAH!!!
m1nd
Quake 4 EU

Post by m1nd »

eXg. sabooya wrote:soooo i just bought BC2 this morning MUAHAHAH!!!
w00t now lets hope more ppl buy it.!

Twitch.TV MYTHICAL TEAM
LIVESTREAMS EVERYDAY!

Twitch.TV M1NDIFY
Ruiner
Forum Regular

Post by Ruiner »

I played the demo for bfbc2 but not the final release. Mixed reviews, some things I hate then some things I liked. Can't really say much tho. Thought about buying it, post some live videos of yourself playing ingame MP.
eXg. sabooya
Doom 3

Post by eXg. sabooya »

There's only 2 things i don't like. The server browser sucks. People in game prefer to kill each other then do objectives...
BugZz
Forum eXtremist

Post by BugZz »

got it for ps3 and its dope.
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
supercat1
Forum Elite

Post by supercat1 »

eXg. sabooya wrote:There's only 2 things i don't like. The server browser sucks. People in game prefer to kill each other then do objectives...
they are definitely working on the server browser because right now it does suck. but you don't actually have to wait for it to completely refresh. let it sit for maybe 30 seconds and then hit cancel and it will return most servers after a second or two of redrawing. same with the filters.

and yeah, lots of people don't really understand the rush and conquest game modes. but a server full of people that do is a total blast.

bc2 >>>> mw2.
better to be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and erase all doubt.
CaMeL
Doom 3

Post by CaMeL »

supercat1 wrote:
eXg. sabooya wrote:There's only 2 things i don't like. The server browser sucks. People in game prefer to kill each other then do objectives...
they are definitely working on the server browser because right now it does suck. but you don't actually have to wait for it to completely refresh. let it sit for maybe 30 seconds and then hit cancel and it will return most servers after a second or two of redrawing. same with the filters.

and yeah, lots of people don't really understand the rush and conquest game modes. but a server full of people that do is a total blast.

bc2 >>>> mw2.
For those of you who dont own it and need a comparison. Imagine, Enemity Terroritory: Quake Wars meets Modern Warfare 2.

Return to “General Public Chat”