latest graphics cards?

Something about anything goes here.
eXg. apo
Open Roster

latest graphics cards?

Post by eXg. apo »

re building new machine this week,

whats the lastest cards? last time o was in the market lokoing for a new one the g-force 6800 ultra was the best

whats new?

peace.
BugZz
Forum eXtremist

Post by BugZz »

lol geforce 7800GTX BFG SERIS OR EVGA OR XFX GO WITH 7800GTX AND DO SLI U NOOB :wink:
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
eXg. sabooya
Doom 3

Post by eXg. sabooya »

HELL no, Get the X1900XTX in crossfire! 512 versions!
eXg. Pun1sher
Number One

Post by eXg. Pun1sher »

I will post my vote for either the XFX 7800GT or GTX. Always just a matter of preference. Double your fun, empty your bank account and go for SLI.

PuN
BobMarley!
Forum Master

Post by BobMarley! »

[s.A.b.]Sabooya wrote:HELL no, Get the X1900XTX in crossfire! 512 versions!

ewww.... :oops: Sorry, sAb I got it on your card.

:o

Jk... Too all their own! LOL

Bob!
eXg. D|stance
QuakeWars ET

Post by eXg. D|stance »

ATI smell for opengl.
go with the 7800 gtx single or 2 gt's in sli. Make sure if you get amd64 don't be fobbed off with a socket 754 even tho hey are cheaper. always go with 939 and if possible I would suggest an AMD 4400 x2 dual core cpu.
If you post your budget then i'm sure I could knock you together a nice pc in 3's with links to everything on a bunch of good sites. Failing that hit me up on msn and we can surf some good stuff :)
I'm sure darkstar/pun/crush can suggest good mobo's and psu's theres a couple of links in forums already.
Just a matter of finding best prices from uk stores :)
eXg. CrUsH
Admin

Post by eXg. CrUsH »

Belive it or not the 1900xt and xtx beat the 7800 GTX 512 In pretty much every test. But If you go and get one your spending upwards of 600 bucks....

eXg. D|stance
QuakeWars ET

Post by eXg. D|stance »

Exactly basiclly twice or a bit lkess than the cost of the 7800. I would go with nvidia all the time now, i'm not impressed with ati's customer service and latest ratings since D3 when I spent $400 on a 9800xt then the x800 series came out a week later. If I traded in they would have taken $50 for my card:/
then the bugger burnt out and I had to wait like 2 months to ship it to canada from england just to have a new one sent,, they even messed up the rma for 3 weeks which reulted in about 3 months without a gfx card.
As you can tell I have pretty strong feelings towards ati lol
BobMarley!
Forum Master

Post by BobMarley! »

I did too. I was at Fry's (and being out of the GPU game for a while wasn't sure what was hot) anyways, the dude tells me that the 9600SE will play D3 at a respectable resolution, eye candy. WRONG. So I bought a 68GT and been a devotee ever since. I think ATI makes good quality stuff but Nvdia makes a good balance of performance and price IMO.
K1LLA:4:H1RE
Inactive

Post by K1LLA:4:H1RE »

eXg. CrUsH wrote:Belive it or not the 1900xt and xtx beat the 7800 GTX 512 In pretty much every test. But If you go and get one your spending upwards of 600 bucks....

LOL... so true Crush...... however...... the 7800 GTX 512MB in SLI mode triumped over the crossfire...... SLI was proven to be victorious....
BugZz
Forum eXtremist

Post by BugZz »

nvidia is the best for all games ATI doesn't have the speed that nvidia does i should....i have a geforce 6800 BOOYA!! :lol: Pink Showers are ownage
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
eXg. CrUsH
Admin

Post by eXg. CrUsH »

But, as far as "Image Quality" goes, Many would say that ATI has always been king....

BobMarley!
Forum Master

Post by BobMarley! »

eXg. CrUsH wrote:But, as far as "Image Quality" goes, Many would say that ATI has always been king....

Agreed. I do think that they have better AA in most instances...
K1LLA:4:H1RE
Inactive

Re: latest graphics cards?

Post by K1LLA:4:H1RE »

apocalypse wrote:re building new machine this week,

whats the lastest cards? last time o was in the market lokoing for a new one the g-force 6800 ultra was the best

whats new?

peace.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

These kind of people do exsist..... wow..... Dude, my mom knows more about computers then you....
hadriel
Open Roster

Re: latest graphics cards?

Post by hadriel »

eXg. DarkStarGTX wrote:
apocalypse wrote:re building new machine this week,

whats new?

peace.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

These kind of people do exsist..... wow..... Dude, my mom knows more about computers then you....
I'm the exact same... aside from going from 512- 1024 ram in December I haven't updated my computer in about 2 years, so I've lost touch with any sort of new hardware.

Return to “General Public Chat”