NVIDIA and Dell Bring Quad SLI Power to Life

Hardware, Software, Gaming Rigs, share it.
K1LLA:4:H1RE
Inactive

NVIDIA and Dell Bring Quad SLI Power to Life

Post by K1LLA:4:H1RE »

Today at the Consumer Electronics Show, Michael Dell unveiled a new project that he and the gang at NVIDIA have teamed up on that until right this minute, no one had heard a peep about in the industry.

NVIDIA is introducing a new video card with TWO 7800 GTX 512 GPUs on it with two PCBs. Oh, and these new cards will sport 1 GB of total memory as well.

Read More About It Here:

http://www.pcper.com/article.php?aid=195

Thanks eXg. Bob for finding this....
Inactive

Personally I think that much power is overkill.... There wont be a game in the next 10 years that will require that much graphic power in order to run smoothly....

2x 7800gtx is enough for me....
BobMarley!
Forum Master

Post by BobMarley! »

Right on the money K1lla. I totally agree. You could run Quake or BF at
3200x2400 with 16xFSAA with 32xAF and all eye candy on... but then you would have to find a monitor that could do that kind of resolution... OVERKILL! But I was lost in the article. From the sounds of it, it seemed as if they did 4x7800GTX512MB which would bring video memory to over 2GB! WTF!
Doctor Wooziness
Forum N00b

Post by Doctor Wooziness »

WTF. I thought the single 512MB card was beefy enough! How's this set-up going to affect cooling - you'd have to take all the covers of your PC and have a desktop fan on continuously whilst playing, not to mention leaving your windows & doors open. :shock:
Doctor Wooziness
To sin by silence when we should protest, makes cowards of men.
BobMarley!
Forum Master

Post by BobMarley! »

and 850 W of power. That is just too nuts man. ANd I would not want tobe on the receiving end of that elecricity bill. The screen res. was like 3260x2480... it was insane. This is for the Paris hilton wannabe socialites who can afford to blow$8000 for overpowered hardware (i think rick said it best by "what sofware could benefit from this anyway?" or something like that.
Inactive

lol....

With my 2x 7800gtx's I can run Battlefield 2 on max with 4x antialias and have no flaw or clitches in graphics... it runs smooth.... I get the same responce with Quake 4 and Doom 3....

So having 4x 512mb 7800gtx graphics cards would be insane.... you will be spending an extra 1600.00 on something you dont need... LOL

not too mention the powersupply and motherboard price... MAN!!!! I want to send an email to Dell and say, Stop taking advantage of dumb buyers.... Oh wait... there Dell.... they do it all the time....

DONT BUY DELL... THEY SUCK!!!!
BugZz
Forum eXtremist

Post by BugZz »

well im kinda glad i saw that link i been lookin into to dell system i'll wait until that bad boy is release thank god i have left over college money :wink: To be honest Dell Doesn't suck...After From hearing at Qcon 2k5 they put Alienware to shame...They didn'ty crash at all on q4 Alienware did Alienware sucks... :wink: no offence but dont hate the company hate your wallet :roll:
eXg. focus
Quake 4 US

Post by eXg. focus »

...so... I'm in the process of shopping around to build a new rig... this card appears to be on the market now. Theoretically, wouldn't buying one of these suffice, rather than actually using it's sli cpability? I will buy this card if this is an option. sounds like running just one of these would be quite a powerhouse all by itself. input?

Return to “Reviews: Hardware/Software”