Gaming Mouse

Hardware, Software, Gaming Rigs, share it.
eXg. focus
Quake 4 US

Post by eXg. focus »

Well, I haven't bought it yet, but for me the biggest selling point is the weights. I'm currently using the microsoft laser 6000

as seen here..-->http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouse ... px?pid=042

updates at 6000 hz and runs at a respectable 1000 dpi. I've already got plenty of smoothness, but sometimes I find myself pointing in the completely wrong direction, as mentioned in sukki's thread here http://www.exg-clan.com/newforum/viewtopic.php?t=1220

My biggest complaint besides the random wrong direction thing, is the shape of it, and it's simply too light. I like the feel that the (cheap) wireless logitech has because of the general shape, (actually makes contact with my whole palm, not just my fingertips.) and the added weight the two AA batteries gives it.
TH3DARKMARKET
Forum Regular

Post by TH3DARKMARKET »

I have run through a few mice in my pc gaming career and I have to admit that I blew mucho bucks on other mice before I found that one that suited me. I first started out with a run of the mill wireless mouse from MS (which was decent compared to a regular ball mouse i had before). Then I upgraded to the Logitech MX510. When I first used it, it was like a miracle in my hand, but it wasnt long till I wore the hell out of the feet on it and it took awhile to get used to the feel it gave filling up my palm. So I just hooked the MX510 to my junk pc and got the MX518. The on-the-fly sensitivity change was like a godsend to me, I also used the mouse for my Smart Joy Frag mouse-n-keyboard adapter on my Xbox, which helped me own the competition. Finally, I went out and purchased a Razer Copperhead mouse. After getting this mouse I dont believe I'll leave the Razer brand. The 7 buttons, blue lighting, 5 customizable profiles, 400-2000 DPI range made me instantly love the thing. If your wondering what kind of mousing surface I use, its some thing WOWPAD I got from Office Depot, but whenever I get the funds I plan on getting a better one that is more suited for my mouse...any recommendations?
-:: Add th3darkmarket for Steam and Xfire ::-
K1LLA:4:H1RE
Inactive

Post by K1LLA:4:H1RE »

im sorry guys but i have both the g5 and mx518....

there is a difference.....

ive used the mx518 for over 1 year... the weight issue is a big help...

the weights are placed in the back of the mouse... it stabilized "flick shots"
and helps adjust the dpi settings...

the mouse becomes heavier which is good when you have high dpi...

trust me guys... if your trained and know about mice... you will fill the difference...
XvileX
Forum Junkie

Post by XvileX »

I went through a few myself so.......

MX310 - not a bad mouse, but my mouse2 button wore out pretty quick.

Razer Diamondback - I liked this mouse, but as far as having 4 buttons on the side, I could only use the two on the thumb side. The other 2 buttons for pinky/ring finger were too far towards the back of the mouse for me to utilize them. I know that they did this to make it 'lefty compatible' but I think if they would have moved those buttons forward by about a half inch, it would have been perfect. To get a decent response time out of the buttons I had to go into the task manager and set the process priority to high, which I not only didn't like doing, I also didn't think I should have had to, regardless of whether it solved the problem or not. It was comparable to the 310 in size, which was nice, but it felt extremely light at first, although I got used to that rather quickly. The fact that they have 'on the fly' sensitivity changing is pointless, becuase to use it you have to not only depress a mouse button but ALSO move the scroll wheel to change it. This is really a pain when trying to get back to your original sensitivity.

Logitech G5 - As far as the weight system goes, I like it because it is customizable, however once I set it I feel no need to change it. "Fast swapping' isn't really a highlight for me. I like the fact that the sensitivity can be changed with the press of 1 button that sets it to an exact dpi even though I rarely use it. The only button I use is the thumb button which is the only true extra button in my opinion. I don't count the scroll wheel as a button. It feels great in my hand, but it took some getting used to after having that tiny little copperhead..

That's my take.
eXg. apo
Open Roster

Post by eXg. apo »

I still use an MX 510, its getting rather worn now and is peeling were my fingers sit :lol:
eXg. CrUsH
Admin

Post by eXg. CrUsH »

eXg. apocalypse wrote:I still use an MX 510, its getting rather worn now and is peeling were my fingers sit :lol:

Haha I got the mx500 and I like it allot. Its def showing signs of where my hands sit. Had it for about 3 years now....

Return to “Reviews: Hardware/Software”