Good deal or no?????

Hardware, Software, Gaming Rigs, share it.
eXg. Frag///aster
Quake 4 US

Good deal or no?????

Post by eXg. Frag///aster »

I need a new rig.. I"m going for liquid cooling due to heat issues in my area. I.E. no air conditioning.

http://www.buyxg.com/

XC Xion 9000 $1700 or so ... Dark star or pun ... Any info ...

Trying to not build this one myself this time.. hehe just a PITA want to get something doen in a hurry and I can tweak it when I get it... basically I want somthing similar to this

AMD Athlon 64 x2 5000+ proc or above.

I would prefer the new socket AM2 but if you have other info like that socket set won't be around.. I just am hearing that its really a sidestep from 939 but there are inprovements to it.. I would like to go with the future.

only really need 1 512 nvidia 7900 gtx.

Xfi platinum sound. or Fat. card.

Agiea physics card.

o and possible gaming network card I have been hearing about... you guys have any info...

Basically I have around a little less than $2000 to spend.. I will keep on the hunt. but if you all have info please send my way.

Frag.
eXg. Frag///aster
Quake 4 US

Post by eXg. Frag///aster »

okay okay now I am intersted in somthing that might just piss all of us AMD lovers off.. Personally I have been a Die hard AMD fan for as long as I have been handling PC's now I also know that AMD has been good to us gamers. However. I recently conducted study...

First off you have lets say a AMD FX-62 chip...

Then you compare that to a Dual Core INtel 6600 chip and what do you get.. Better overall performance from Intell in just about every angle and it costs you significant less money....

Compare $900 - $1000 of AMD to $300-$400 for the intel

Am I nuts or is this the truth and I just need to grow a pair and plug myself into an Intel chip and go agaisnt the grain on this one.

Frag.
BugZz
Forum eXtremist

Post by BugZz »

hehe wait for AMD 4x4 chips gonna rape intel
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
eXg. Pun1sher
Number One

Post by eXg. Pun1sher »

Not sure on this one Frag. Sorry I didn't have more time on the phone when you called, but I was dealing with CHOFISH, ehhe. The link you sent looks, very good. Quite a good deal if I say so. I have heard the same rumors about the Intel being comparable, at less than 400.00 than the AMD. I can't say yet, let me research this and then see.

PuN
eXg. sabooya
Doom 3

Post by eXg. sabooya »

Intel and Amd are yes now compairable with those AM2 CHips, but i personally belive Amd is still better because the price difference doesnt justtify the lac of performance gain, just overclock a amd, and with liquid cooling it be a breeze :P
eXg. focus
Quake 4 US

Post by eXg. focus »

I've been hearing about the quadcore a bit. But somehow I missed part. I don't know if it's Intel or AMD making it.
I too have heard that this generation of Intel chips was expected to actually outperform the AMD's while costing far less than the amd's do. I've been an AMD man for awhile now, but it sounds like Intel got their heads out of their asses on this one.

BUUUTTTT.. I am holding out, regardless of the conroe release, for quad-core. It's expected fall of '07.
BUT WHO IS MAKING IT? :o[/b]
Perfect1on
Forum Elite

Post by Perfect1on »

that is the dead truth frag go with intel's new e6600 ($300) or the e6700 ($500) they both beat the fx-62 in every single benchmark
Specs:
Amd 4800+ Dual Core (2.41ghz)
BFG 8800gt oc 512mb
Asus M2n32-sli motherboard
WD 150 Raptor X harddrive (10,000rpm, 16mb cache)
3 gigs of Corsair XMS ram
550w PSU Antec
X-fi Fatal1ty sound blaster

Return to “Reviews: Hardware/Software”