8800 gtx

Hardware, Software, Gaming Rigs, share it.
eXg. focus
Quake 4 US

8800 gtx

Post by eXg. focus »

Thinking hard about buying an 8800gtx..
someone talk me out of it or something...
BugZz
Forum eXtremist

Post by BugZz »

buy it next month they will be 400 bucks
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
eXg. Suyko
Doom 3

Post by eXg. Suyko »

Yea, wait 4 price drop.
eXg. Phenom
Open Roster

Post by eXg. Phenom »

im talking you into it. i have the 768 mb one...its freeking sexy. I would definetly get the Gtx over the Gts and definetly get the gtx instead of the ultra. more 4 your money. :D
eXg. sabooya
Doom 3

Post by eXg. sabooya »

I have a 8800GTS and hate it. Poor drivers. This is my 3rd Nvida. I'm never buying from them again. My ATI cards have never had problems.
eXg. focus
Quake 4 US

Post by eXg. focus »

eXg. sabooya wrote:I have a 8800GTS and hate it. Poor drivers. This is my 3rd Nvida. I'm never buying from them again. My ATI cards have never had problems.
Weird. I've never had an issue with nVidia. But I have had issues with ATI. Luck of the draw I guess.
BobMarley!
Forum Master

Post by BobMarley! »

yup I bet on Craigslist probably like 300!
eXg. Pun1sher
Number One

Post by eXg. Pun1sher »

Give me more info Sab. I, like f0cus, have had numerous NVidia cards, have overclocked them to almost smoking, with no issues what so ever. The only thing that caused my issues was mother nature (lightning), but beyond that, can't complain. I tried a ATI once, and something about the card or drivers, maybe even the control panel, just made me go ehhhh, so I never did it again. Hehehe, I'm too lazy, find one that works, and use it. Diamond, 3dfx, and Nvidia.

PuN
eXg. sabooya
Doom 3

Post by eXg. sabooya »

well first off, I originally had a ATI 9600 Pro, was great card. Later I upgraded to a 6600GT which totally fudged up(if you remember my boot screens, and i posted some funky in game doom 3 shots a while back. I called for a replacement and they never got back to me, even though i tried numerously. (9600 still working btw in another PC) So I decided to get a replacement from ATI, a x800XT. Nice card again, was cheap worked great. Lasted me a while. I decided to upgrade entire PC, I thought id give Nvidia another shot. I bought myself a 8800GTS. I was amazed at speeds. However games like 2142, Sims, Half life 2, etc. Would often have GIANT yellow artifacts. So I read up and concluded it was do to bad XP drivers. So I upgraded to Vista. YAHHHHY! Now not only do 1/3 my games and software not work. My nvidia drivers still crash in game.(Not as often, its much better) Ive also had some anti-alising problems in games where it doesn't work. I would probably been much happier with a 2900XT. By the way the 9600 my bro uses every day its 5 years old and still works perfect.

Nvidia = suxzors
eXg. Man0waR
Doom 3

Post by eXg. Man0waR »

ATI ftw guys, i cant get myself happy with my 8600.
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Reviews: Hardware/Software”