Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe: Dual x16 PCI-Express

Hardware, Software, Gaming Rigs, share it.
K1LLA:4:H1RE
Inactive

Post by K1LLA:4:H1RE »

Yes NV controllers are included.... but i dont use them... too many problems in the past...
eXg. CrUsH
Admin

Post by eXg. CrUsH »

eXg. DarkStarGTX wrote:Yes NV controllers are included.... but i dont use them... too many problems in the past...

What kind of problems man?

Inactive

slow transfer rates between drives, sata and raid errors with bios. Dont even get me started on the NV Firewall.... lol
eXg. Pun1sher
Number One

Post by eXg. Pun1sher »

I'll try and put more up on this later. Problems with the NV controller? Wha??

As far as the NV Firewall, omfg, kiilllll it killlll it. I've not heard ANYTHING good about that.

PuN
3xH
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by 3xH »

eXg. DarkStarGTX wrote:slow transfer rates between drives, sata and raid errors with bios. Dont even get me started on the NV Firewall.... lol
I think the SATA2 support is a bit buggy, but from what I hear the new Nvraid is about as fast as it gets. Anything would be better than the Silicon Image 3114 that I have (proven to be the slowest controller on the planet) :cry:
eXg. CrUsH
Admin

Post by eXg. CrUsH »

I'm sure they would have fixed the controller by now.

Inactive

im sure they did, but if you have all updates in bios, you dont need any NV software to control your IDE, RAID, or Network Controllers. Also, you can download the new 16x + 16x SLI video card drivers off of Nvidias site... So you really dont need the NV controllers...
eXg. CrUsH
Admin

Post by eXg. CrUsH »

eXg. DarkStarGTX wrote:im sure they did, but if you have all updates in bios, you dont need any NV software to control your IDE, RAID, or Network Controllers. Also, you can download the new 16x + 16x SLI video card drivers off of Nvidias site... So you really dont need the NV controllers...

I just thought it was a sweet board cause it has everything the other one does but also has all of the Sata I and Two ports....

eXg. Pun1sher
Number One

Post by eXg. Pun1sher »

Well I have to backup Dark here, the NV controlller kicks major but, and I cannot speak to the ATA 2.0 yet. The Silcon should be avoided like the plague. IMO.

PuN
Grinder {IFZ}
Forum Bot

Post by Grinder {IFZ} »

I HAVE AN ASUS AN8 SLI SE . DOES IT SUK? .ITS SEEMS OK TO ME I ALSO GOT A AMD 4400 X2 , 7800GT (INNO) AND 2 GIG OF 3200 MEM, IS IT WORTH CLOCKING ?
eXg. focus
Quake 4 US

Post by eXg. focus »

eXg. Pun1sher wrote:I'll try and put more up on this later. Problems with the NV controller? Wha??

As far as the NV Firewall, omfg, kiilllll it killlll it. I've not heard ANYTHING good about that.

PuN
I have that mobo. (the premium). What's the deal with nVidia's firewall?!?!? You're making me nervous!!

I'm currently running the nvidia firewall, Windows SP2 firewall, and AVG free edition, the Airborne Rangers, the X-Men, Holy Water, Garlic, SPF50 tanning lotion, Crest w Scope, Dr. Scholls, and a Doberman Pinscher for my network security. What else do I need?? I have to protect my investment man! I just spent my rent on this thing! :( :?
Last edited by eXg. focus on Sun May 07, 2006 4:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
eXg. Pun1sher
Number One

Post by eXg. Pun1sher »

LOOL. Rule number one, never state, all your security on a public board, hehe, cause people like Rick will try and hack you, steal your nudie shots, and run.

In all seriousness though, this may have been corrected, but I'd read countless problems regarding the origninal implementation, and can't honestly remember if it was conflicts WITH SP2, or just flawed in general. Obviously YOU will be a better judge of that than I do. I personally have a dedicated HW solution, as well as a software based solution. The more the better. If you are using it with no issues, then please disregard. It's a NICE damn board.

PuN
eXg. focus
Quake 4 US

Post by eXg. focus »

phew! so far so good. Is anybody here running full edition of AVG, and if so, how's the added security? Or is it just extra bells and whistles?

Return to “Reviews: Hardware/Software”