Toshiba 42 Inch LCD TV. Model 42HL167

Hardware, Software, Gaming Rigs, share it.
eXg. CrUsH
Admin

Toshiba 42 Inch LCD TV. Model 42HL167

Post by eXg. CrUsH »

http://www.tacp.com/televisions/product ... el=42HL167

I got it at circuit city, was $1699 but online showed a price of 1299 so I got them to lower that, before I went I also bough a 10% off coupon on ebay for $1.30 and printed that off. Out the door with a 5 year circuit city protection plan (even including surges) I paid $1569.67

Have only messed with it for a couple hours but so far so good. More info when I can get myself away from it :D

All and all I saved $663.

Ok so now my only question is whos buying the surround sound for me :P

Have the xbox 360 hooked up to it right now using component, 1080I Looks amazing.
Last edited by eXg. CrUsH on Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

eXg. Phenom
Open Roster

Post by eXg. Phenom »

Wow.
Sounds good.
I just bought a new tv too.
I got the 32 inch Sharp Aquos.
The picture is very goon on it.
But i havnt been able to utilize it because my cable box and cable isnt high quality enough to put an awesome picture on the screen.
Im going to buy an HD-DVD player and a whole bunch of HD-DVD's and hook up my bose surround to it and freekin just camp out and watch tv.
Dorkiz, come on over and bring chili and we will have a steak out. :twisted:
eXg. Pun1sher
Number One

Post by eXg. Pun1sher »

Although I love the Sharp Aquos, I have to admit, this thing is a steal. Any ghosting, uneven backlighting ?? If not, very nice.

PuN
SunTzu

Post by SunTzu »

lol send me some money you richass beeotches
eXg. FroggY
Open Roster

Re: Toshiba 42 Inch LCD TV. Model 42HL167

Post by eXg. FroggY »

eXg. CrUsH wrote: Ok so now my only question is whos buying the surround sound for me :P
i can have prices for you on Harman Kardon...Chose a reference here: www.harmankardon.com and i'll tell you the price i can get :wink:
eXg. CrUsH
Admin

Post by eXg. CrUsH »

No ghosting at all that I can see. No dead pixels which is outstanding, and Toshiba from what ive seen always has one of the most vibrant, bright, and colorfull screen.

Ima need to buy a camera soon. Somehow I misplaced the one I had when I went to my sisters wedding. =\ $500 bucks down the drain....

eXg. focus
Quake 4 US

Post by eXg. focus »

eXg. CrUsH wrote:No ghosting at all that I can see. No dead pixels which is outstanding, and Toshiba from what ive seen always has one of the most vibrant, bright, and colorfull screen.

Ima need to buy a camera soon. Somehow I misplaced the one I had when I went to my sisters wedding. =\ $500 bucks down the drain....
Seriously man, that's a superb TV ya got there. I've got a CRT that I've been happy with, but my next set is gonna be full digital.
eXg. Phenom
Open Roster

Post by eXg. Phenom »

eXg. SunTzu wrote:lol send me some money you richass beeotches
:D
hehehe
no money here.
barely enough to buy a new mouse :shock:
which broke by the way :(
eXg. CrUsH
Admin

Post by eXg. CrUsH »

Hehe well no richness here I can asure you that. Just high beacon and an adjustable budget.

eXg. Pun1sher
Number One

Post by eXg. Pun1sher »

Good and good Crush. I haven't seen that one in person, but I always check for ghosting, backlighting eveness, and of course "upsampling" from LowDef sources.

Phenom, the Aquos is indeed a slamming set. I spent alot of time looking before deciding on that, mostly because unlike now, back when I got it, there were only TWO 1080P sets going. I can attest to the massive difference a HD cable box makes on that set.

SuN, I WAS rich, then my fiancee went shopping. :(

PuN
SunTzu

Post by SunTzu »

eXg. Pun1sher wrote:SuN, I WAS rich, then my fiancee went shopping. :(

PuN

lol rich and fiancee clashes like gnarlyduck and xt

Return to “Reviews: Hardware/Software”