8800GTX IS OUT!!!!!!!!

Hardware, Software, Gaming Rigs, share it.
eXg. sabooya
Doom 3

Post by eXg. sabooya »

why on earth would u use SLI 7800/7900 ( i forget) in a server....
sell em on ebay, make some money and give ur mom 10 % for letting you do it :D
BugZz
Forum eXtremist

Post by BugZz »

sabooya wrote:why on earth would u use SLI 7800/7900 ( i forget) in a server....
sell em on ebay, make some money and give ur mom 10 % for letting you do it :D
why? do that? a server/spare pc comes in handy
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
BobMarley!
Forum Master

Post by BobMarley! »

Dude I'm going to shake you like Shakira! :evil: Hehehe. Right on Will, anyhow I hope to get a connect soon. I need to play some FPS online ASAP. Some UT, some Q4 and D3. Even some CSS... Gotta warn u though I am pretty good at.......... :shock: braindead
BugZz
Forum eXtremist

Post by BugZz »

lol.. css is fun
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
eXg. sabooya
Doom 3

Post by eXg. sabooya »

you dont need to render any graphics on a server...
but dude all i care about is 8800GTX benches :D
BugZz
Forum eXtremist

Post by BugZz »

yes sab i just got them in at 6 o'clock... i have to reformat and tell u how they are. :D
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
Immolation
Forum Visitor

Post by Immolation »

I need a new comp soon :shock: mine uses AGP slots :roll:

http://www.alienware.com/product_detail ... LT#pdp-nav that one looks good :P
eXg. Pun1sher
Number One

Post by eXg. Pun1sher »

Hehehe, you guys remind me of ME. ROTFL. OK first off, let me be the word of wisdom here for ya, as I've undoubtably been chasing the ever elusive "state of the art" longer than you guys have. OK, first off, I'm running SLI 7900 GTX's, overclocked, with my FX pushed almost up to the next chip rating, with stock air cooling, a Raptor, and some Perp. HD's. Now, costed alot of change, just awhile ago. There no game, I can't play, maxed out, everything on, no matter what. Now, looks great ?? Sure it does. Do I run stuff AT that resolution, with all the eye candy when playing MP ?? No. So, with that said, think about how much you are spending, and how much that will cost, for something, you may only really use in SP. Sure sure, "But, ummm, I, ummm, LIKE to play MP above 1600X1200 with, ummm, 16AA, and all the features, cause, it, umm, helps my, ummm game". :)

Been there, done that. Now, you gotta pocket of cash, do your thing. If not, then you could save mucho casho, by waiting just a bit, untill it's not as NEW, and save alot, and double that if you're SLI'ing. Beyond that, you should REALLY only get one 8800 now, because they, in that setup, either match, or beat my SLI depending on the game. Now, again, if no game, at any setting, any settings can slow my rig down, and you can do that with one 8800, don't waste your cash. If you must buy now (cha ching), be prepared to moan, if/when you go SLI, they will be cheaper.

I'd say take a look at your rig first. If you gotta 8800, and your rig aint going to hold it back, then good. If your rig, CPU, powersupply, slow HD, low RAM is going to hold you back, don't waste the cash.

Trying to pimp the truth, not the hype, saving you your cash.

PuN

Return to “Reviews: Hardware/Software”