Zalman VF900-CU

Hardware, Software, Gaming Rigs, share it.
eXg. CrUsH
Admin

Zalman VF900-CU

Post by eXg. CrUsH »

Thinking on getting this co0ler for my 7900 GT CO SC. Anybody ever use it?

Its very versitile also working with all of these cards..

ATI X1600 Series
ATI X1300 Series
ATI Radeon 9*** Series (except 9550/9600)
ATI Radeon X*** Series
NVIDIA Geforce4 MX Series
NVIDIA Geforce FX 5200
NVIDIA Geforce FX 5500
NVIDIA Geforce FX 5600(FX 5700)
NVIDIA Geforce 6600 Series (except 6600 AGP Series)
NVIDIA Geforce4 Ti 4*** Series
NVIDIA Geforce FX 5700(Ultra) Series
NVIDIA Geforce FX 5800 Series
ATI X1600 Series
NVIDIA Geforce FX 5900 Series
NVIDIA Geforce FX 5950 Series
ATI X1900 Series
ATI X1800 Series
NVIDIA Geforce 7900 Series
NVIDIA Geforce 7800 Series (except 7800GS)
NVIDIA Geforce 6800 Series

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 1c3grabb3r

XvileX
Forum Junkie

Post by XvileX »

I think it's a good idea, although I'm surprised that the reviews say it's so light. I looked at a similarly designed zalman cooler for my cpu, and that thing was mega heavy. If you get it, let me know, i might be interested in one. Plus with all the cards it works with, I could keep it if I ever upgrade my vid card. :)
BugZz
Forum eXtremist

Post by BugZz »

dont need it i have 80m fan on my 7900GTX
K1LLA:4:H1RE
Inactive

Post by K1LLA:4:H1RE »

sukki wrote:dont need it i have 80m fan on my 7900GTX
Uhhhh.. yeah... good for you.........

Crush, the zalman fan is ok but I recommend the Artic Cooler NV1.... I am not sure if its compatible with the 7900 series...

If you do get the Zalman, i recommend putting a intake fan inside your system to blow air directly onto your graphic cards... You will notice a bigger decrease in heat.....
BugZz
Forum eXtremist

Post by BugZz »

[eXg] DarkStarGTX wrote:
sukki wrote:dont need it i have 80m fan on my 7900GTX
Uhhhh.. yeah... good for you.........

Crush, the zalman fan is ok but I recommend the Artic Cooler NV1.... I am not sure if its compatible with the 7900 series...

If you do get the Zalman, i recommend putting a intake fan inside your system to blow air directly onto your graphic cards... You will notice a bigger decrease in heat.....

Yes thank you...its very nice and cool...all i need is water cooling on CPU...but its still a good review on it crush nice one! :wink:
eXg. Pun1sher
Number One

Post by eXg. Pun1sher »

I've never used that one, but I've heard good things about Zal in the past. The b***h is that, tings CAN vary wildly from model to model. I do the same thing by going to NewEgg, and reading up on alot, checking feedback, looking for hidden "It doesn't fit" responses.

Now I know YOU know this, but I will say it for some of the other guys. I've seen countless rigs, where they are all pimped out, this, that, the other thing. Aftermarket cooling attachments, fins, heat spreaders, but there is absolutely NO case ventilation. Had quite a few HOT, crashing rigs, all the heat never left the case. I like the simple rule, at least 1 for 1. It's not always possible, but for every 1 intake fan, have an exhaust fan. Rick can comment here also on the ABSOLUTE neccisity of cable management. Now SATA will help this in a HUGE way, as the biggest offenders were the IDE/EIDE cables, choking off air flow, creating massive amounts of dead air pockets, but none the less. Getting the heat OFF the card is good, but make sure it LEAVES the case.

Looks like a solid one to me.

PuN

Return to “Reviews: Hardware/Software”