Ultra X-Finity 600w PowerSupply REVIEW

Hardware, Software, Gaming Rigs, share it.
K1LLA:4:H1RE
Inactive

Ultra X-Finity 600w PowerSupply REVIEW

Post by K1LLA:4:H1RE »

The power supply is one of the key components in your computer. If your power supply is of poor quality or overloaded you could have various problems with your computer and not realize that its electrical related. Its always important to buy top quality hardware for your computer. Seeing how this is a 2nd generation power supply you can easily come to the conclusion that the first generation had to be pretty good to result in a 2nd generation product being made.

onnectors Available
1 - 20/24 Pin Motherboard Connector
1 - 4 Pin +12V Motherboard Connector
8 - 4 Pin Molex Connectors
2 - 4 Pin Floppy Power Connectors
2 - PCI Express Connectors
4 - SATA Connectors
1 - 8 Pin EPS Connector

The (2nd Gen) X-Finity Power Supply has Dual Rail Technology. The purpose of using Dual Rail Tech. is to better distribute the power between the components that need it. One of the 12V Rails is dedicated for the 2x2 Motherboard Connector. While doing the benches on the X-Finity I did some reading up on Dual Rail Technology. It provides cleaner voltage to the components, but some have stated that they ran into issues with a Dual Rail PSU and overclocking. From what I have read it appears these problems are being magnified with the Dual Rail setup. Looking at a high wattage Single Rail PSU its not uncommon to see a higher Amperage rating on the 12V line. So before you jump out and purchase a Dual Rail PSU make sure to do a little research on them and have a good idea of how much your going to be loading it. In a normal non-overclocking situation the Dual Rail PSU is the better choice over a Single Rail PSU.

Also incuded in this power supply is the use of Flexforce Cables....

What is FlexForce?

* Manageable - FlexForce Cables are designed to be easily routed and hidden within your case.
* Increased Airflow - Special design promotes easy cable management and 30% better airflow than ordinary cables by easily routing cable under the motherboard, behind drive bays, etc.
* Design - Cables are dressed in a sleek looking titanium like finish.

Additional Features

* Supports AMD and Intel Motherboards
* NVIDIA® SLI™ Ready
* Low Acoustic Noise
* Dual 80mm Fans
* Meets ATX Version 2.2, v1.3, and
ATX 12V Version 2.2 Specifications
* Short Circuit Protection
* In-Rush Current Protection
* Thermal Overload Cutoff Protection
* MTBF > 100,000 Hours at Full Load,
110VAC and 25°C Ambient Condition
* FCC and UL Recognized

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

As you can see in my case, I use this powersupply. Look at the ATX and graphic card power connectors. They are ver flexible and still very stable... Ive had no problems with cable managment and power consumption....

Overall Score: 8/10 EXG Stars :) d
eXg. D|stance
QuakeWars ET

Post by eXg. D|stance »

You reckon this would work with older amd/intels?
I'm looking in to getting a decent psu for use with my amd 2800 barton for the time being, so when Iupgrade to an sli system in the future I should already be sorted for a decent psu :)
eXg. CrUsH
Admin

Post by eXg. CrUsH »

Yes you can use it. All you would have to do is seperate the 4 pin connector on the main 24 pin connector. Its made to slip right off so you wont have to worry bout that.

And dark, looks pretty good.

K1LLA:4:H1RE
Inactive

Post by K1LLA:4:H1RE »

Yep, he is right. The PSU comes with a seperate connector. You attach it the 24 pin connector and BOOM.... you now have a 20 pin connector for your older boards....

BOOM BOOM BOOM.... then it transforms into optimus prime....
eXg. Pun1sher
Number One

Post by eXg. Pun1sher »

i need spes. I dont' mean to poo poo on your white carpet, but I'm a conspiracy theorist. I've been told, by ("I see dead people"), uhhh, voices, that ummmm, any PS that is chromed, is EVIL. Now although I DO hear multiple ("Make them go away") voices, and they sometimes DO disagree. Spec me.

PuN
eXg. CrUsH
Admin

Post by eXg. CrUsH »

My next PSU is going to be made of gingerbread.... Now that food is shocking!

Ruiner

Post by Ruiner »

that psu looks very nice Rick
eXg. Frag///aster
Quake 4 US

Post by eXg. Frag///aster »

Rick I humbly bow down to your computer.. I am firm believer that you need to put out the right money for your rig.. otherwise its a accident waiting to happen.. Now if only I can get a damn job or get signed for enough money to buy one man.. ugh..

Frag
eXg. CrUsH
Admin

Post by eXg. CrUsH »

Wheres a good place to get this PSU? Got a linky? Cause I usually only buy from Newegg but they dont have this one.......

eXg. Pun1sher
Number One

Post by eXg. Pun1sher »

Rick, thanks alot for taking the time, and posting this up. Fear not, that when I get done autohaxing the new site, all of your reviews, are going to be plastered in the Articles section.

PuN
eXg. CrUsH
Admin

Post by eXg. CrUsH »

eXg. Pun1sher wrote: autohaxing

ROFL!!!!!!!!

Ok well I ordered one from Darks fav place to buy memory.......ZipZoomFly. I figured why not, its only a PSU, and with free shipping, which I did end up upgrading the shipping from like 5-9 day to 2-4 days for only 2.99 so 8)

The IRS will never get my money, ill just keep freezing my assets!!!!

Return to “Reviews: Hardware/Software”