Corsair PC-3500LL Pro 2GB Dual Channel Memory REVIEW

Hardware, Software, Gaming Rigs, share it.
K1LLA:4:H1RE
Inactive

Corsair PC-3500LL Pro 2GB Dual Channel Memory REVIEW

Post by K1LLA:4:H1RE »

ok guys, after waiting for almost 2 months for my memory, i broke down and went to my local Fry's Electronics store and spent an extra 80.00 to buy it there.

Newegg - $309.00

Fry's - 359.00 + 8.1% tax :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Every web store i would visit and call, the memory would be sold out or on backorder....

Anyways, here it is and it kicks ass....

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

When it comes to the home computer enthusiast, Corsair has become a name we all know. While we are demanding more and more from our computers there is also a need for more and more demanding components.

Specs and Features :

# 2048 Megabytes of memory
# Two matched CMX1024-3500LL
Modules
# Compatible with any PC3200 system
# Integrated aluminum heat spreader
for improved thermal performance
# 18 Activity LED’s
# High-Efficiency cast aluminum heatsinks
# Lifetime warranty

Memory Optimized Especially for ASUS A8N32-SLI DELUXE/WIFI & A8N32-SLI DELUXE Boards

As the first boards to support NVIDIA's 2x16 SLI technology, the A8N32-SLI Deluxe series features dual PCI Express 2x16 slots running at full speed to liberate graphics cards from the narrow bandwidth platform of x8 speed only.

At nearly 438MHz, the new Corsair 3500LL PRO is the first to address the need for high memory density at extremely low latency. Featuring an individual module capacity of 1GByte at CL2-1T, the XMS-3500LL PRO is optimized to unleash more AMD based system performance than the competition.

I first tested the modules at default timings of 2-3-2-6 T1 at 200 FSB and then upped the FSB to 221 FSB with the same Timings without issue. The results were very impressive as was they way the system preformed. As advertised at DDR437 (218 MHz) I set the modules to just over 221 MHz and gained approx. 11.4 % performance overall.

Gaming with such games as BF2 was exceptional. While these modules were designed to perform with the stated combination above they will also complete the package of any dual channel set up.

I highly recommand this memory to any extreme gamer...

I give it 10/10 EXG Stars... :) d
Ruiner

Post by Ruiner »

:O that is now saved in my bookmarks
eXg. Pun1sher
Number One

Post by eXg. Pun1sher »

Although mine has no LED's, and is ONLY optimized for the Pun1shment 2.0 rig, I had to say, "Good Choice". :D

PuN
eXg. CrUsH
Admin

Post by eXg. CrUsH »

Nice ram guys. Dark, did you adjust the voltage or timings on the ram? Those timings are pretty tight already but sheeot, I know you prolly pushed it a little farther right? Or did you just up the freq?

Inactive

yeah i didnt touch the timings. i just up'ed the FSB and pushed it to 225 MHz... its f**ing crazy.... just on the ram alone Im getting a 13% gain on performance. Thats not including the OC on my CPU and video cards.... LOL
exgadmin
Site Admin

Post by exgadmin »

What proc you got again, hehe, got me itching to push the FSB a little harder now.

PuN
Inactive

I have a FX-55..... I have the cash to buy a FX-57, but no one wants to buy my 55..... so I will continue using it untill someone buys it.... :(
eXg. CrUsH
Admin

Post by eXg. CrUsH »

eXg. DarkStarGTX wrote:I have a FX-55..... I have the cash to buy a FX-57, but no one wants to buy my 55..... so I will continue using it untill someone buys it.... :(

Aparently you havent looked at my multiple posts about it......

But I am seriously thinking on either getting that or the 4400+ x2...

Return to “Reviews: Hardware/Software”