New cooling solution "PHASE CHANGE"

Hardware, Software, Gaming Rigs, share it.
eXg. Frag///aster
Quake 4 US

New cooling solution "PHASE CHANGE"

Post by eXg. Frag///aster »

Dark Star I was particularly interested in getting you involved in this discussion, like yourself and Pun, and most others we are all trying to squeeze extra juice outa our rigs.. Just recently I came accross something in Maximum PC, or Boot Mag for pun hehe its called Vapor Phase Change.. its found on the page 33 of the most recent Maximum PC, mag... Now this particular unit in here costs around $900.00 which is a lot of bones to pay up for one of these,. But imagine this...

Normal CPU under a full load so 100% load, runs hot about 75 to 85 degree range.. somewhere in there...

Vapor Phase chilled undera full load 100% runs, cool at Zero degrees. at idle it runs at -40 degrees. That is unheard of.. and if you can only imagine the overcloacking potential there.. they did a test on a Pentium Extreme Edition.. yeah yeah I know F#$*#(* Intel but whatever... it was a 3.46 GHz chip 955, they were able to OC it with Water cooling, and Air cooling two different passes, and received roughly the same result... an increase of about 700 MHZ higher that stock, and a temp of around 70-80 degrees.. Water cooling, was a little better got 300 more MHZ out of it.. but still runnin at 80 degrees..

Vapor, ran it up from 3.46 to 5.04 GHz, thats a 1.6 Ghz, overclock, and it ran at 0 C. ha...

-the good news is that there is a unit under development.. that will run for about $300.00 and will be comign out soon.. I"m playing around on the internet to find out more, and where this is available.. to me this is the ultimate cooling solution.. if you can buy stock in this company I would recomend it.. LOL/// Now if they can only make a whole unit for Vid cards.. CPU,. HDD, and the works.. OMFG I want that..

This could be the ultimate piece that sets Your rig Dark away from the rest of the pack.. Not like it don't stand out allready.. hehe

Frag
BobMarley!
Forum Master

Post by BobMarley! »

Dude I read up on this and Phase Change is S I C K! I would buy it if I had the loot, but $900 bucks can also buy me a $7800GTX, and water cooler for CPU and GPU... How about the CPU, 7800, and the Phase Change?! :shock: I want I want I WANT!!!
eXg. Frag///aster
Quake 4 US

Post by eXg. Frag///aster »

http://www.viperlair.com/reviews/coolin ... etek/vpls/
check this site out there is another perso who did a review on it... I know that newer Vid cards come out and there are new Mobos that come out as well as newer chips...

This in my mind... Is somthing that would be an investment, because you can use it from rig to rig.. if you are serious of having that fastest Computer around.. Screw the rest... Make sure you have one of these units...In my opinion, no matter what comes out, you might have what everyone else has if you have the cash,, but imagine if you had one of these as well.. You know how far you can overclock your Brand new stuff to give you more of an edge than you ever thought before...

hehe I want one... I"m saving up..

Frag.... :twisted:
BobMarley!
Forum Master

Post by BobMarley! »

Great point! :shock:
K1LLA:4:H1RE
Inactive

Post by K1LLA:4:H1RE »

Well, this type of cooling has been out for a few years now.... I was considering on doing this type of cooling but the last time i checked, its costly for parts and the parts dont last very long.... Also i heard that after awhile, moisture develops inside your case. So you constantly have to clean and make sure your case has proper vents....

Maybe Crush and Pun will like this type of setup, since they love to live on the edge with there Western Digital and Seagate Drives.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

:twisted:
eXg. CrUsH
Admin

Post by eXg. CrUsH »

eXg. DarkStarGTX wrote:Well, this type of cooling has been out for a few years now.... I was considering on doing this type of cooling but the last time i checked, its costly for parts and the parts dont last very long.... Also i heard that after awhile, moisture develops inside your case. So you constantly have to clean and make sure your case has proper vents....

Maybe Crush and Pun will like this type of setup, since they love to live on the edge with there Western Digital and Seagate Drives.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

:twisted:

ROFLCOPTER, tell me what segate drives you have seen go bad.....

They are very far and few.....

K1LLA:4:H1RE
Inactive

Post by K1LLA:4:H1RE »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “Reviews: Hardware/Software”