BFG 8800GT nVidia Console Settings

Site, server, even PC probs. put them up.
CaMeL
Doom 3

BFG 8800GT nVidia Console Settings

Post by CaMeL »

I am wondering should i try to tweak the graphics on my driver for my graphics card or just allow the application to control it? If i should adjust my driver, what should i adjust and to what?
m1nd
Quake 4 EU

Post by m1nd »

Well i mostly set stuff to application controlled but if you wanna benchmark some stuff you'd set it at it's highest setting :) casual gaming just set app.controlled ;)

Twitch.TV MYTHICAL TEAM
LIVESTREAMS EVERYDAY!

Twitch.TV M1NDIFY
My own personal stream!. Be sure to follow/subscribe
BugZz
Forum eXtremist

Post by BugZz »

dont overclock that card camel. it already came factory overclock. That's the BFG OC Version push it anymore and you might lose it
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
CaMeL
Doom 3

Post by CaMeL »

gotcha. thanks guys!
eXg. CrUsH
Admin

Post by eXg. CrUsH »

The only time you might want to force certain things is if you are playing a game that lets say does not have AA or AF etc. You can force those settings for that game via the control panel to make the game look better.

m1nd
Quake 4 EU

Post by m1nd »

eXg. CrUsH wrote:The only time you might want to force certain things is if you are playing a game that lets say does not have AA or AF etc. You can force those settings for that game via the control panel to make the game look better.
in addition to crushes comment the nvidia panel supports game related card configs , if you happen to come across a game like crush described you can set a profile for that application / game giving you the option to use your card fuly or maybe a little AA in some games ;)

Twitch.TV MYTHICAL TEAM
LIVESTREAMS EVERYDAY!

Twitch.TV M1NDIFY
My own personal stream!. Be sure to follow/subscribe
supercat1
Forum Elite

Post by supercat1 »

however, way too often forcing anything within the drivers will actually cause conflicts with in a game. these conflicts may range from just worse frame rates to improperly rendered frames to a completely unplayable game. almost never is it a good idea to force with drivers. just because you can does not mean you should.
better to be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and erase all doubt.

Return to “Need Help ??”