ChristO just wants to say Hi!!!

BIOS, Give us the 411. Pics, (1024X768) are encouraged.
eXg. CrUsH
Admin

Post by eXg. CrUsH »

Damn dood, nice! Now get some wire managment up in thurr and your all set. What do you get in 3Dmark 06?

ChristO
Forum N00b

Post by ChristO »

Hey Yeah here is my 3dmark06 bench, I think it feels low, I have to adjust some settings

-=X1900 Crossfire=-
-=AMD X24800OC=-
ChristO
Forum N00b

Post by ChristO »

I know my cables look like a mess but this Antec P180 case is a nightmare when it comes to wiring, The powersupply is on the bottom so the bottom looks like a serious mess.
-=X1900 Crossfire=-
-=AMD X24800OC=-
eXg. sabooya
Doom 3

Post by eXg. sabooya »

ChristO wrote:Hey WOG I remember you! And hey HollowPo1nt!

I had the chipset fan die on my motherboard so I was out of comission for a little while! I got one of those new Asus A8R32 boards that does not have any chipset fan so I don't have that problem again! But having 2 graphics slots became tempting and I went a little nuts,

so now I am playing with a crossfire setup

I am now getting some serious frames in D3 and Quake4
:evil:
crossfire sucks, you could have got 2 2900GT or 2 7800GTX for cheaper dude, and it would give you more proformance. ATI is better for single cards and Nvidia for SLI.
And are those two different cards??????

(I am still jealous though, because it is so much better then what i have... Just go easy on me in the servers, not everyone has a crazy rig....)
eXg. CrUsH
Admin

Post by eXg. CrUsH »

ChristO wrote:Hey Yeah here is my 3dmark06 bench, I think it feels low, I have to adjust some settings

I get like 5100 with a single card, so your not doing too bad. Those cards must have cost a fortune. Two 1900xtx's?

ChristO
Forum N00b

Post by ChristO »

Yeah the ATI cards were not too expencive! But anyways everyone goes on so hard about how awesome NVidia is so I decided to just pick up one to mess around with! Since I had nothing better to do! So I got a 7900GTX. Well I have no luck at all! The card totally died after 5 min of running so back went my good old ati setup!

It may be just my luck but I have never bought a working Nvidia card eveyone seems to be totally messed up
-=X1900 Crossfire=-
-=AMD X24800OC=-
eXg. sabooya
Doom 3

Post by eXg. sabooya »

ChristO wrote:Yeah the ATI cards were not too expencive! But anyways everyone goes on so hard about how awesome NVidia is so I decided to just pick up one to mess around with! Since I had nothing better to do! So I got a 7900GTX. Well I have no luck at all! The card totally died after 5 min of running so back went my good old ati setup!

It may be just my luck but I have never bought a working Nvidia card eveyone seems to be totally messed up
LOL U DONT EVEN USE YOUR OTHER TWO MONITORS!?!?!?!?!
:shock:
ChristO
Forum N00b

Post by ChristO »

When I am in crossfire mode it turns off the other monitors and puts everything on the one in the middle but when I work I just enable the others and it works fine!

So after some bios tweaking and some updates I got the 7900gs working stable. and I played some doom with both cards, I only notice a minor difference with the smoke from the barrels and a little difference on the floor. I did some benchmarks with the single XTX vs the GTX

The GTX was almost 50 points faster in 3dmark 06, with the beta 91.28 drivers. With the drivers off the site they got the same score.

They are both good cards
-=X1900 Crossfire=-
-=AMD X24800OC=-
eXg. sabooya
Doom 3

Post by eXg. sabooya »

i think I would buy one huge ass monitor and play them at a crazy res in SLI/Crossfire instead of haveing 3 monitors and half the time only using one. :cry:
eXg. focus
Quake 4 US

Post by eXg. focus »

Hey Christo, don't listen to Sabooya. What you need for gaming is the Matrox triplehead2go. It's analog, but it supports the res you need. It spreads the signal as if it were one triple wide monitor, rather than three monitors.. so you can use it with your crossfire setup.

I'm getting a three monitor setup for myself for my b-day, but since all you're missing is the TripleHead2Go, then by all means, check it out and tell me waht you think :wink:
ChristO
Forum N00b

Post by ChristO »

I think I read something about that, It would be nice to have all 3 running but I am just waiting till the 30 inch monitors get faster and come down in price!
-=X1900 Crossfire=-
-=AMD X24800OC=-
eXg. sabooya
Doom 3

Post by eXg. sabooya »

f0cus wrote:Hey Christo, don't listen to Sabooya. What you need for gaming is the Matrox triplehead2go. It's analog, but it supports the res you need. It spreads the signal as if it were one triple wide monitor, rather than three monitors.. so you can use it with your crossfire setup.

I'm getting a three monitor setup for myself for my b-day, but since all you're missing is the TripleHead2Go, then by all means, check it out and tell me waht you think :wink:
wouldnt that give you a vsynk issue, your screen would gett major choppy even on sli/crossfire.
eXg. focus
Quake 4 US

Post by eXg. focus »

i don't have one, but the demo vid's were pretty sweet.
eXg. sabooya
Doom 3

Post by eXg. sabooya »

f0cus wrote:i don't have one, but the demo vid's were pretty sweet.
lol!

Return to “BIOS”