{FaNnY}MaY's BiO

BIOS, Give us the 411. Pics, (1024X768) are encouraged.
ParadoX
Forum Regular

{FaNnY}MaY's BiO

Post by ParadoX »

alright the specs are on the way but i got pics

then my vid card the Radeon X1300Pro

and mother board

Image[/i]
Last edited by ParadoX on Fri Jul 28, 2006 2:31 pm, edited 9 times in total.
general icon
Forum Junkie

Post by general icon »

holy s**t u look scary with that gas mask on :) neway welcome back
hadriel
Open Roster

Post by hadriel »

Hey, welcome back to the forums and nice bio! :)
eXg. Pun1sher
Number One

Post by eXg. Pun1sher »

Nice BIO man. Only thing is though, hehe, why are all your spent cartridges stacked up soo neatly. I mean, generally speaking, after I go on a shooting spree, I'm spent. It's all I can do just to throw them in a pile. LOL. Kdding.

Nice.

PuN
BugZz
Forum eXtremist

Post by BugZz »

want a cookie?
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
eXg. CrUsH
Admin

Post by eXg. CrUsH »

Haha nice bio, if you pay me ill build your comppy for u.

K1LLA:4:H1RE
Inactive

Post by K1LLA:4:H1RE »

eXg. CrUsH wrote:Haha nice bio, if you pay me ill build your comppy for u.
nooooooooooooooo.... dont let him do it... he will get you a shitty power supply and your computer will blow up...
Last edited by K1LLA:4:H1RE on Sat Feb 11, 2006 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eXg. CrUsH
Admin

Post by eXg. CrUsH »

eXg. DarkStarGTX wrote:
eXg. CrUsH wrote:Haha nice bio, if you pay me ill build your comppy for u.
nooooooooooooooo.... dont let him do it... he will get you a shitty power supply and your computer will blow up...

Yeah, and then he can pay me to build another!

ParadoX
Forum Regular

Post by ParadoX »

hey darkstar do you think you can get me some like, diagrams on where wires go into my motherboard, cause i bet your the bets technically adept computer guy in exg, i wanna do it myself i just wanna know where everything goes ya know?
eXg. CrUsH
Admin

Post by eXg. CrUsH »

{FaNnY}MaY wrote:hey darkstar do you think you can get me some like, diagrams on where wires go into my motherboard, cause i bet your the bets technically adept computer guy in exg, i wanna do it myself i just wanna know where everything goes ya know?

Its actually pretty simple dood, what motherboard did you get? And what headers do you want too hook up off of your case?

ParadoX
Forum Regular

Post by ParadoX »

headers?
lol
eXg. CrUsH
Admin

Post by eXg. CrUsH »

{FaNnY}MaY wrote:headers?
lol

Yes, the pins comming up off of your motherboard.

They will be marked for your usb, sound,firewire if yo have it, power switch, reset switch, hard drive led, power led, etc...

Ruiner

Post by Ruiner »

nice bio, i suggest you get someone at a store to do it if you don't know the cables well. You could ruin your hardware if it's plugged up incorrectly. OR barely plugged in. *hint rick* lol jp man
eXg. Pun1sher
Number One

Post by eXg. Pun1sher »

Hooking it up isn't hard, but you MUST MUST MUST follow the simple rules. ALWAYS ground your self. Don't want any static charge popping your s**t. Second, you should have user's guides that came with your MB which should tell you what goes where. Make sure that everything is SEATED correctly. This includes Proc, RAM, cards, etc. I see TONS and TONS of problems because the vid card LOOKED like it was seated, but the system wouldn't boot, SAME with the RAM. WARNING: Make sure you plug USB cables to USB headers, and Firewire to Firewire headers. They will be clearly marked, but you CAN do it wrong, and fry stuff. Take your time, DOUBLE check things.

THEN, when your all plugged in, all your extra power cables, to motherboard, and vid cards, boot up, and CHECK CHECK CHECK, all your fans. Make double sure they ALL start up before you close the case. Time and time again, I've been called out to fix a smoked CPU, because a fan was not connected, and the case had been closed up when booted, and the CPU got fried.

ASSUME nothing works untill you SEE it working.

8) 8) 8)

PuN
K1LLA:4:H1RE
Inactive

Post by K1LLA:4:H1RE »

These are the most overlooked features in todays PC building...

When you are ready to go and buy your motherbaord, power supply, video card and sound card make sure you follow these directions.

1. Motherboard - If you want a gaming machine, buy a AMD compatible motherboard. Find out if your Processor is compatible with the motherboard. Look for the socket type: 939, 754 and 940 are the most common boards. Buy the motherboard with the same socket type as your processor. If you dont know your socket type, ask us and we will tell you.

Also, find out the power pin number. This is where your power supply plugs into your motherboard. It is important to know if your board has 20 or 24 pins. Once you know the number of pins you can go and buy your power supply.

2. Power Supply - Do the resarch on power supplies. Look on Newegg.com and reveiw forums. Find out if the power supply you want is a recommend choice to get.... Find out if any other consumers have had problems with it. Also find out how long the manufacture warranty is.

I personally recommend buying a power supply with 500 watts or more...

3. Video card - find out if your mother board is AGP or PCI Express. Once you know which type your board supports, go and buy your video card.

4. Sound cards are importand to some people but may be uneccessary if your motherbaord has an intergrated sound system. Some boards have great sound built into them, so buy a less quality or equal quality sound card would be stupid..... Find out what you motherboard has. Look for these stats, 2.1, 5.1, 7.1, surround sound, THX and so on.... If your board supports only 2.1 sound. that means only 2 speakers and a subwoofer can be hooked up. Test the sound, if you like how it sounds then dont bother upgrading.

But, if you want the best, buy an XFI sound card. there are 3 choices to buy. xtreme Music, platinum and the fatal1ty version.

Return to “BIOS”