Doom 3 Mod

Doom3, Doom4, ROE, LMS, EMZ

Moderator: eXg. sabooya

yamiah
Forum Regular

Post by yamiah »

how about a prey mod? i would coaporate on that.
motionOne
Forum Master

Post by motionOne »

sabooya wrote:
[eXg]motionOne wrote:this is never going to happen.
well if nothing else does, I will have a few giant ass maps done, with my voice in alot of places. O_o
Just to let you know, I have 3 maps started, 1 is 60% done, and the one featured in my sig is 40%.
If i can figure out how to use Blender, Ill be able to edit the animations, and modle skins. If not, it will be an alternate doom relaity. lol
But I gaurentee you i will make the mod, now whether or not it will be good... :roll:
why not just finish the first map? you spent 60% of your time on one, and then 40% on the other. you could have spent the entire time on the first one, and had something to show for it. i just think you should be more resolute and don't start one project when you're not done w/ the other.
the reason i don't think this mod is going to happen because this is a serious undertaking. i knwo you're going to have a good portion of the community willing to contribute, but what you're proposing is like making a whole new game. i don't think a 15 yr old kid that can't even spell "GAMING" is capable of making a mod. no discouragement intended, just my .02.
eXg. sabooya
Doom 3

Post by eXg. sabooya »

well, I really just wanna see how far I can get, Im not trying to make it like a total new game.
I just realised that i could make cooler maps If I did single player instead of Multiplayer, So I figured, why not add in a story and etc, and make a mod of my own. Now Im always up for help, and it be nice if I could Get my own modle skins and design a fully fledged mod.
Now I dobt It will be anything that excellent, But i think it be a cool way to learn new stuff, and show off my work.
yamiah wrote:how about a prey mod? i would coaporate on that.
now i dont have the game theirfore i am unable to help you outs
:wink:
motionOne
Forum Master

Post by motionOne »

try and prove me wrong
XvileX
Forum Junkie

Post by XvileX »

Actually, I kind of think that doing 40 - 70% on each map first is a good idea. It's gives you the ability to get more of a solid storyline down, and exactly what you want to do with it. It doesn't make sense to make 4 out of 10(ish) maps at 100% to end up changing your mind and scrapping the last 2 or 3.... If Sab makes them partially, get his story rhythm going, then goes back and puts final touches on his s**t, which will also give him a better ability to know what kind of feel he wants to give the gamers, he can better make it happen.

Kind of like writing a novel, or even a short story, which in essence is what he's doing. You brainstorm first (and I'm thinking of english class here). But rather than drawing bubbles with little pieces of info in them, he's making maps his bubbles. Rather than erasing bubbles, he just cuts/pastes maps where he wants them.

Yeah.
eXg. CrUsH
Admin

Post by eXg. CrUsH »

Well Ill tell you what though, finishing a map is hard. I could start projects all day long and get motivated about all of them. Hell, I could get everybody else motivated about all my projects. But as far as finishing them? That takes allot. I'm taking my sweet time on the lounge, but it will come out......

eXg. sabooya
Doom 3

Post by eXg. sabooya »

lol, im still trying to figure out the story... i think im gonna go with, UAC scientists were cloneing the hell monsters, and eventually they got loose and they call in you, a clone of the original guy, who stoped it all.
kind of like Alien Resurrection (BAD MOVIE, first ones better)
It would be easy to pull off to, because i wouldnt have to retexture models, or create new ones.

one of my main problems at the moment is im haveing to watch and read just about every tut out there on scripting, mapping, model editing and GUi configing. Wich is taking me a while cause there are liek 100 and each is around 10-20 min long, and im using em on a "tut map"map i made then redoing it once i know how in my maps.
eXg. sabooya
Doom 3

Post by eXg. sabooya »

ok official anouncement of Chapter One: Not Again can be found here
http://cryostasis.s10.forumsplace.com/viewtopic.php?t=5

edit***
I also have plans on changing the name, the game is another UAC facility on a space station, so think of clever ideas for me and ill use the best one.
my first idea was,
hell-spawn: The Revival
then i thought of
Hell in Heaven
because your inspace fighting them, I need more ideas... Or if you like those~ :roll:
eXg. CrUsH
Admin

Post by eXg. CrUsH »

Cool man.

Moved.

eXg. sabooya
Doom 3

Post by eXg. sabooya »

I decided, I needed to get at least 2 screenshots of the mod so far,
here is inside the space station from 2 different locations, which feature my custom made skybox, of stars and earth.
I also have changed the name to "Doom 3 Demon Genome"

(Note*** Still early on these might change)
Break Room
Cryo-Labs
eXg. CrUsH
Admin

Post by eXg. CrUsH »

Oh, I wanna talk to joe!

eXg. sabooya
Doom 3

Post by eXg. sabooya »

Here are 2 more
First Render of the Menu GUI
EXG in DOom
BobMarley!
Forum Master

Post by BobMarley! »

eXg. CrUsH wrote:Oh, I wanna talk to joe!
Right here dude! :wink: And Sab, I will try and do some voices and help you write a story if you need the help. Whether you can spell or not, you should pursue your goals and not mind what others say. If they think they can do better then let them try. You got my support
eXg. CrUsH
Admin

Post by eXg. CrUsH »

Haha dude great job, like the menu and the laptop kicks major butt!

eXg. sabooya
Doom 3

Post by eXg. sabooya »

I have updated this rendered image i made with the ACTUAL game menu
:P Looks sweet and the music is kick ass
"reload teh page if the planet is still entirely red"

Return to “Doom3, Doom4”